Honoring Don Newton
The BAC mourns the loss of retired IU Director of Organizing Don Newton on June 17th, a 42-year member of BAC Local 56 Illinois and avowed trade unionist and political activist. In the video below, he is remembered fondly by his friend (and friend to labor), U.S. Rep. Bill Foster (D-IL) on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives.
Shepherd Scholorship Award Ceremony01/01/1900
Independence Day Holiday Pay06/29/2015
The US government has established Friday July 3, 2015 as the “observed” Independence Day holiday. For all the trades affiliated with the ADC, double time shall be paid for all work performed on Friday July 3, 2015. If your contractor asks you to work Friday July 3, please make sure they are aware of this contract provision. Please feel free to contact the ADC office or your Business Representative if you have any questions.
Annual Tuckpointers Respirator Fit Testing Begins March 2nd02/10/2015
The ADC is pleased to announce that applications for the 2015 Robert E. Shepherd Scholarship are now available!
The R.E. Shepherd Scholarship Foundation will award four $5,000 scholarships based on academic achievement and potential, and one $5,000 scholarship to be determined by a random drawing of all those applicants with a GPA of 3.0 or above who did not win one of the four academic scholarships.
Each candidate must be:
- 1. A high school senior at the time of application.
- 2. Provisionally accepted as a full-time student into an undergraduate degree program at an accredited college or university.
- 3. A dependent child of a member in good standing of the BAC ADC 1 of IL.
The following information is required from each candidate:
- 1. An official transcript of all high school records.
- 2. Official ACT and/or SAT test results (test results listed on official high school transcripts will be accepted).
- 3. A completed application. including all required attachments listed on the last page of this application (essays,extra-curricullar activities,etc.)postmarked no later than March 16th, 2015.
To obtain an application for the 2015 Robert E. Shepherd Scholarship, please contact the ADC’s Membership Department at (630) 600-3825.